The competencies of today’s IROs reach across many corporate disciplines including finance, communications, strategy, and governance. To address the evolving IR role, NIRI created the Investor Relations Charter (IRC) Certification, earned after passing a rigorous exam. The certification demonstrates an IRO possesses the understanding, skills and abilities of all 10 identified competencies needed to effectively practice IR. Please visit www.niri.org/certification to learn more.
To support Philadelphia chapter members, as well as advance the practice of investor relations, we are proud to offer one NIRI Philadelphia Chapter IRC scholarship per calendar year.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, you must meet all the following criteria:
- be a current NIRI Philadelphia chapter member in good standing,
- have attended a minimum of two meetings in the 12 months prior to your application, and
- have achieved a passing score on the IRC exam.
The scholarship application must be received within 60 days after completion of the exam. For example, if the exam was completed on July 31, scholarship applications are due by September 30 for candidates who passed the IRC exam. Scholarship winners will be reimbursed for the cost of the IRC exam and the IRC reference book (Investor Relations Body of Knowledge), provided that the applicant has not received funds from other sources such as their employer.
- Full legal name
- Current job title and brief description of role
- Background in IR
- Involvement in NIRI
- Expected benefit from the IRC
- Financial need (i.e. do you have access to company financial support?)